EMPLOYMENT AT TAMPA BAY WATCH
Membership Coordinator (Full-time)
The position requires two years of experience, preferably in nonprofit membership development, fundraising, marketing, communications and/or public relations. Additional talents and qualities should include strong public speaking experience, high energy, self-motivated, hardworking, extremely organized and the ability to effectively multitask preferred. Computer experience should include Word and Excel. Familiarity with donor databases such as eTapestry is a plus. Florida coastal ecosystems knowledge helpful but not required.
BA or BS degree preferred
Salary & Benefits:
Starting salary based upon experience. Health insurance, life insurance, vacation, holidays and more. Retirement savings program available.
The Membership Coordinator is a member of the Development Department and is primarily responsible for developing Tampa Bay Watch Membership programs from maintaining current members, advancing current members to higher levels, and targeting prospective members. This position will also work with the Director of Development to manage Tampa Bay Watch’s membership moves/relationship management donor tracking system and a portfolio of selected members.
• Coordinate and process all new and renewing memberships including appeals
• Manage and process membership recognition and benefits
• Participate in community outreach and special events
• Make public presentation to help drive membership opportunities
• Cultivate new individual and corporate members
• Research prospects and evaluate members who exhibit potential to increase their membership level
• Coordinate and maintain membership moves/relationship management donor tracking system for major donors, corporations and foundations and produce reports on key data/gift reports related to team membership goals
• Mine current middle level members for potential elevation in membership level
• Develop a strong understanding of program activities
• Effectively communicates with members, donors, prospects, foundations and corporations, volunteers and other partners
Please no phone calls. Send or email resume and supporting materials to:
Tampa Bay Watch
3000 Pinellas Bayway South
Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tampa Bay Watch Estuary EDventures Internship
Tampa Bay Watch seeks environmental education interns to assist the Estuary EDventures program with Tampa Bay area school field experiences and/or summer camps. Duties of successful applicants will include assisting in the implementation of Estuary EDventures program materials to local school groups and/or summer camps, assisting in service-learning habitat restoration projects, maintenance of educational materials and aquarium exhibits, and assistance with basic administrative duties.
• Seeking or have completed a degree in environmental studies/science, biology, or marine biology.
• Reliable, responsible, take initiative, and act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
• Comfortable in and around the water, handling marine animals, able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and capable of spending long hours in various conditions in the great Florida outdoors.
• Experience working with kids and/or aquarium exhibits a plus.
• Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certifications are preferable.
Please review the schedule requirements below. Interested parties should send a completed resume and dates and times of availability to Katie Mastenbrook.
Fall/Spring Internship Requirements:
Hours: Two weekdays, 9:00am – 2:00pm
Fall season: September – December (Send resume by: August 31)
Spring season: January – May (Send resume by: December 1)
Summer Internship Requirements:
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Summer season: June – August (Resumes accepted: February – May 1)
©TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
3000 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tel: 727-867-8166 | Fax: 727-867-8188