EMPLOYMENT AT TAMPA BAY WATCH
Startup Project Manager
Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center
This is currently a 12-month position.
The Discovery Center Start Up Manager for Tampa Bay Watch is responsible for early construction and development of the Discovery Center on the new St. Pete Pier. The selected individual will advance the environmental exhibition hall and educational facilities from concept through construction and opening of the facility. The position may transition into the Discovery Center Operations Manager after 12 months based upon performance and need.
BA or BS degree minimum - Masters preferred
The Discovery Center Start Up Manager position will require a minimum of five years of event venue development or business management in a supervisory capacity. Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of management of public facilities or public start-ups. Additional talents should include strong public speaking experience, exceptional strategic management skills, and the ability to motivate a variety of professional staff and energetic community volunteers. Computer experience should include MS Office programs. Familiarity with Florida coastal ecosystems helpful but not required.
$55,000 starting salary.
Health insurance, life insurance and retirement savings programs available.
The position is responsible to the President of Tampa Bay Watch with the support of the organization's Department Directors. Responsibilities include:
• Instrumental in the design and development of the Discovery Center building, environmental exhibits, educational facilities and program activities over the next 12 months at the new St. Pete Pier.
• Program coordination with architects, construction contractors, and exhibit designers.
• Coordination with the City of St. Petersburg and Collier for Pier related activities.
• Create and implement project and financial timelines required for the Discovery Center.
• Create and implement eco-tourism partnership with a vessel contractor for the Pier.
• Marketing and communications of the Discovery Center, and raising the profile of the Tampa Bay Watch organization within the community.
Please, no phone calls. Send or email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tampa Bay Watch, Inc.
3000 Pinellas Bayway South
Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tampa Bay Watch Estuary EDventures Internship
Tampa Bay Watch seeks environmental education interns to assist the Estuary EDventures program with Tampa Bay area school field experiences and/or summer camps. Duties of successful applicants will include assisting in the implementation of Estuary EDventures program materials to local school groups and/or summer camps, assisting in service-learning habitat restoration projects, maintenance of educational materials and aquarium exhibits, and assistance with basic administrative duties.
• Seeking or have completed a degree in environmental studies/science, biology, or marine biology.
• Reliable, responsible, take initiative, and act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
• Comfortable in and around the water, handling marine animals, able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and capable of spending long hours in various conditions in the great Florida outdoors.
• Experience working with kids and/or aquarium exhibits a plus.
• Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certifications are preferable.
Please review the schedule requirements below. Interested parties should send a completed resume and dates and times of availability to Jordan Findley.
Fall/Spring Internship Requirements:
Hours: Two weekdays, 9:00am – 2:00pm
Fall season: September – December (Send resume by: August 31)
Spring season: January – May (Send resume by: December 1)
Summer Internship Requirements:
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
Summer season: June – August (Resumes accepted: February – May 1)
©TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
3000 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tel: 727-867-8166 | Fax: 727-867-8188
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. (CH4736) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.