Open positions at Tampa Bay Watch
Click here to learn more about job openings at the Tampa Bay Watch Discovery Center on the St. Pete Pier.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Tierra Verde, FL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Send resumes to HR@tampabaywatch.org
The Administrative Assistant coordinates and oversees technical and office administrative duties in support of the CEO including the provision of varied and complex office duties and a variety of responsibilities. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Develops and recommends office procedures and systems. Ensures smooth office operations.
- Researches and analyzes administrative projects for the CEO. Prepares first draft reports.
- Develops and prepares presentations and reports for the CEO as needed.
- As directed, responds to letters and general correspondence for the CEO.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department, ensuring professional telephone etiquette.
- Screens incoming calls and correspondence; exercises judgment and responds accordingly.
- Records and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate.
- Welcomes visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel, maintaining professional and courteous demeanor.
- Coordinates Board and other meetings, programs and other events as needed.
- Arranges travel, prepares and submits travel-related documents, and maintains travel information for staff as necessary.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, minutes, agendas, memos, forms, directories, resolutions, ordinances, and other documents and communications from drafts, recordings, or verbal instruction for staff as directed by CEO.
- Tracks data for organizational grants and metrics.
- Edits and reviews all correspondence and documents for correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Establishes and maintains an effective filing and retrieval system for highly confidential files and records.
- Maintains and operates office machines, equipment, and computers. Performs or coordinates general maintenance and repair.
- Photocopies, collates, distributes, and files documents.
- Maintains needed inventory of office supplies.
- Receives, sorts, logs, and routes mail.
- Attends meetings and takes minutes as requested.
- Performs errands for the CEO as needed.
- Coordinates usage of conference room; ensures that conference room is ready for usage.
- Coordinates meals and refreshments when required.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Associates Degree and five years progressive administrative or secretarial experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to type at least 60 wpm and demonstrate proficiency in grammar, spelling, math, filing, and MS Office. Current valid Florida Driver’s License. Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation.
Qualifications & Required Experience:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic.
- Very organized with knowledge of records management
- Strong EXCEL spreadsheet skills and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to represent the CEO and President /Founder and Tampa Bay Watch in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Blackbaud, Altru, or other donor software helpful
- A genuine passion and appreciation for the mission of the Tampa Bay Watch
- A team-player who leads by example and is willing to do all that is necessary to get the job done
- Exceptional judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise discretion in confidential matters