GO GREEN, STAY BLUE!
Go Green, Stay Blue is an effort to educate and encourage the public to use environmentally and economically efficient practices in order to reduce waste and protect the health of the environment.
This new staff-initiated effort promotes the reduction of plastic waste at all events. There are myriad ways our team has implemented sustainable goals:
• We no longer provide disposable cups for water at volunteer projects, instead encouraging people to bring their own reusable bottles; and we’ll provide reusable cups for those who do not have one.
• Washable mason jars are provided at our special events rather than disposable plastic drink cups. In fact, as a zero-waste event, the Evening for the Bay fundraiser earned a Green Event Certification Seal from the University of Florida.
• Our monofilament collection program has added more monotubes around the bay—now totaling 182 tubes— which safely collect discarded fishing line before it reaches bay waters. Click here to read more about this program.
• Instead of using plastic garbage bags at our coastal cleanups, we now use grain bags donated by Cigar City Brewing Co., which can be cleaned and reused.
• The education team has aligned with the Florida Microplastics Awareness Project to help collect and process water samples for microplastics. By continuing this trend toward sustainability, Tampa Bay Watch hopes to guide others to take responsibility for their own waste and energy footprints. Click here to read more about this initiative.
• The Bay Grasses in Classes program is now solely using recycled nursery trays and pots donated by local nurseries.
©TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
3000 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tel: 727-867-8166 | Fax: 727-867-8188
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. (CH4736) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.