About our Program
Housed at the Tampa Bay Watch Marine and Education Center, Estuary EDventures programs build environmental literacy and encourage stewardship while educating students about estuarine science and habitat restoration through a combination of classroom curriculum and field experiences. The goal of the program is to develop the student’s commitment to their local environment by increasing their understanding of the function of the Tampa Bay estuary, its importance in their daily life, its role in their future, human impact on it and opportunities to participate in its restoration.
Estuary EDventures program is seeking interns to assist in the facilitation of daily on-site field experiences and traveling education programs to local student groups ranging from kindergarten to college, and maintenance of aquarium exhibits and educational materials, while being exposed to the field of experiential education. Positions are unpaid.
• Must be seeking or have completed a degree in environmental studies/science, biology, marine biology, or a related field.
• Must be reliable, responsible, take initiative, and act in a professional manner at all times.
• Must be comfortable in and around the water, handling marine animals, able to lift up to 25lbs unassisted, and capable of spending long hours in various outdoor conditions.
• Experience working with kids and/or aquarium exhibits preferred.
• Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR certifications preferred.
©TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
3000 Pinellas Bayway South, Tierra Verde, FL 33715
Tel: 727-867-8166 | Fax: 727-867-8188
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR TAMPA BAY WATCH, INC. (CH4736) MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR BY VISITING WWW.FLORIDACONSUMERHELP.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.