Our Estuary EDventures Education Internship aims to cultivate future educators and conservationists through facilitation of our student education programs. The internship provides currently enrolled and recently graduated college students with valuable competencies and skills in marine science and environmental education.
Interns assist in facilitating education programs including on-site school field trips, summer camps, and outreach events. Responsibilities include: teaching students of various ages, daily program operations, program development, species collection and identification, and aquarium husbandry support. This internship is designed for individuals seeking experience in informal education or environmental/marine sciences. Positions are unpaid and academic credit is available.
2 days/week; 9-2
App. deadline: Dec 15
4-5 days/week; 8:30-4:30
App. deadline: Apr 20
2 days/week; 9-2
App. deadline: Aug 20
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Proof of health insurance
- CPR certification is preferred
- Clear background check
- Enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited college or university
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate interest in working with all ages, especially children, visitors, and animals
- Be self-motivated, energetic, creative, adaptable and have the ability to work in a team environment
- Maintain a safe working environment for personnel, students, and the aquarium collection
- Comfortable in and on the water and handling marine organisms
- Aquarium experience is preferred
- Able to perform physical challenges involved in the daily duties of the department including: lifting/carrying equipment weighing approximately 50 lbs., sitting, kneeling, stooping, crawling, twisting, reaching above head, pulling, bending, and climbing stairs. Candidates must be able and willing to perform all above duties outdoors and in all weather conditions
In light of the pandemic, please be advised that our internship program is subject to change.
To apply, send an email of interest and resume to Jordan Findley at email@example.com.
Please indicate the season in which you are applying in the subject of the email.
Click here to learn more about additional internship opportunities at Tampa Bay Watch.