Open positions at Tampa Bay Watch
Guest Services Associate
Discovery Center at the St. Petersburg Pier
Position Title: Guest Services Associate
Department: Discovery Center
Reports to: Discovery Center, Operations Manager
Location: St Petersburg Pier
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under supervision of the Operations Manager with support from the Guest Services Lead the Guest Services Associate will create a memorable experience for all guests and members at the Discovery Center. Guest Services Associates will handle ticketing, sales, memberships, merchandise sales, giving tours, answering questions, and ensuring that all visitors have a great experience.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform these physical movements: stand for extended periods of time; use hands to operate, activate, prepare, inspect, place, detect, and position objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear; walk. The employee occasionally is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift, push, and/or move displays and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds around the Discovery Center. All employees will be expected to help with the daily upkeep and cleanliness of the facility.
Primary Responsibility: The Guest Services Associates are at the front lines of our operation and ensure that all members and guests have a positive experience in our facility. A positive attitude and high energy are needed to ensure that we maintain a fantastic atmosphere each day in a year-round operation.
- Maintains good communication with co-workers and guests alike, maintains a positive attitude that contributes to a fun and productive work environment
- Properly greets and welcomes visitors by being attentive, helpful and courteous
- Sells daily and group tickets, memberships and merchandise through the POS system and maintains daily records and follow proper cash handling instructions
- Responsible for balancing POS receipts for their shift
- Learns and demonstrates knowledge of all ticket options, merchandise, programs and special events
- Receives merchandise, prices items, restocks product and stores goods
- Provides exceptional guest service while performing day to day operations
- Answers questions, provides directions and educates guests regarding the Discovery Center, Tampa Bay Watch, the Pier, St. Petersburg and upcoming events at the Discovery Center
- As directed, books group tours for the Discovery Center
- Gives tours, answers phone inquiries, assists guests, members and volunteers
- Stocks merchandise and supplies, cleans and contributes to the overall cleanliness of the facility
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Completion of a satisfactory DCF Level II Background Screening
- Experience working with a small team in a high volume guest-focused environment preferred
- Positive attitude that contributes to a fun and productive work environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays
Familiarity with coastal ecosystems is helpful but not required. A passion for the environment highly desired. Health insurance, life insurance, and retirement savings programs are available to full-time employees.