Open positions at Tampa Bay Watch
This position is an integral part of the Tampa Bay Watch accounting team and is responsible for the accuracy of the reporting and expense process of the organization. It ensures organizational compliance with general accounting controls, generally accepted accounting principles and auditing standards. This position requires strong ethical behavior in all business practices. Listed below are the primary responsibilities of the job.
These lists of duties and responsibilities are illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and are not all-inclusive.
- Prepare and post daily cash, credit card and web deposits into accounting system
- Take or make electronic bank deposits weekly or as needed
- Reconcile monthly credit and debit card statements
- Invoice, maintain accounts receivable files, and accounts receivable aging report
- Process accounts payable on a weekly basis, maintain files and handle all vendor inquires
- Enter financial data into accounting software according to established procedures
- Process bi-weekly payroll with Paychex and trouble shoot any problems.
- Assist with data entry for monthly financial close
- Assist with grants, entering data, receipts and tracking allocated expenses
- Assist Controller with year-end 1099’s
- Assist Controller with annual budget data entry
- Assist with annual financial audit
- Research and provide financial data as requested
- Assist with all others projects assigned
- Participates in sponsored TBW events as required
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to sit or type; and talk or hear. The employee may be occasionally required to stand; walk for extended periods and spend time in the FL outdoor heat during special events. The employee must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
Education, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Associates degree in Accounting with two years accounting experience. Years of experience may be substituted for degree
- Detail orientated with strong task and time management; organized with good project management and planning abilities with sound judgement to meet multiple deadlines
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written—with an impressive reputation for building and maintaining relationships with all levels internal and external to include staff, board, volunteers, vendors, customers, community partners and community at large.
- Use of a computer, telephone, calculator and other office equipment
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently and with a team
- Impeccable work ethic, good quality of work product, excellent attendance and punctuality, integrity; confidentiality and honesty a must
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week. Some work may be remote.
- Must have payroll experience
- Working experience in a not-for profit organization preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word. QuickBooks experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience working with high performance teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills required
- Reliable transportation and/or a valid driver’s license
Tampa Bay Watch, Inc. is an EOE Employer.