Gifts of Stock
We welcome donations of securities.
Acknowledgment of gifts
When making a gift of stock it may be confusing as to when the gift is acknowledged as being received and how it is valued. Tampa Bay Watch follows non-profit fundraising standards. The valuation of the gifted shares is based upon the average price for which the stock traded on the date it was received in a Tampa Bay Watch account or when paper shares are received at our office.
Thank you for your support!
Tampa Bay Watch, Inc.
3000 Pinellas Bayway South
Tierra Verde, FL 33715
(727) 867-8166 phone
(727) 867-8188 fax
Steps in making a donation of stock or mutual fund shares
Electronic transfer of shares:
- Ask your broker/advisor to make a transfer via DTC (electronic transfer of shares) to Tampa Bay Watch’s securities account A/C # 49382125. Raymond James DTC# 0725.
- Our contact is Jo Losito – Toll Free Telephone: (800) 624-6369 Hearn-Hoyt-Ramsey Wealth Management of Raymond James, One Progress Plaza, Suite 165, 200 Central Ave St. Petersburg, FL 33701 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact Tampa Bay Watch with the identity of the donor, the stock and the number of shares so that we can be on the lookout for the transfer. You or your broker can call us directly at Tampa Bay Watch at (727) 867-8166, extension 222.
- We will receive notification from Raymond James when the stock is received in our account.
- The effective date of the gift is the date the shares are placed in the Tampa Bay Watch account.
The stock will be sold immediately and a receipt will be sent to you.
Please sign the stock over to Tampa Bay Watch by endorsing the back of the certificate or by using a stock power and deliver it to the Administrator’s Office. If sent by mail please use via certified/registered/express mail. When the certificate is received, it will be sold and a receipt will be sent to you. The date of the gift is the date of delivery to the office.
Mutual Fund Shares
Please contact Tobie Owen to discuss how to initiate the transfer. Since unique procedures exist, we will need to contact your mutual fund company or your broker to coordinate the most efficient way to make the transfer.